Creatine Monohydrate is one of few supplements that has stood the test of time! It has been a popular supplement among athletes for decades for good reason. Below are some of its benefits.
Creatine can improve health and athletic performance in a number of ways. In high intensity exercise, such as prayers in the Temple of Iron, its main role is to increase the phosphocreatine stores in your muscles. The additional stores can then be used to produce more ATP (adenosine triphosphate – energy-carrying molecule found in the cells of all living things), which is the key energy source for heavy lifting and other high-intensity exercise (1, 2).
Creatine also helps you gain muscle in the following ways:
- Improved cell-signalling. It can increase satellite cell-signalling, which aids muscle repair and new muscle-growth (1).
- Raised anabolic hormones. Studies note a rise in hormones, such as IGF-1, after taking creatine (1, 2, 3).
- Increased cell-hydration. Creatine lifts water-content within your muscle cells, which causes a cell volumization effect that may play a role in muscle growth (1, 2).
- Reduced protein-breakdown. It may increase total muscle-mass by reducing muscle breakdown (1).
- Lower myostatin levels. Elevated levels of the protein myostatin can slow or inhibit new muscle-growth. Supplementing with creatine can reduce these levels, increasing growth potential (1).
- Brain health. Creatine supplements also increase phosphocreatine stores in your brain, which may promote brain health and improve symptoms of neurological disease.
Certified & Tested
Jotunheim Creatine Monohydrate is tested and certified against heavy metals. Heavy Metal is good in your earphones during heavy deadlifts, but should not be consumed!
The collagen is sourced and made in the United States of America from grass-fed cattle.
Recommended use: 1 scoop a day. Note: you do not need a load-up phase (as this will only result in uncomfortable hydration imbalances). Simply take one scoop a day to keep degeneracy away!
Serving size: 5 grams. Approximately 1 scoop.
Servings per container: 80.
Net weight: 404 grams (14.25 OZ).
Flat rate: 12 USD.
Free shipping: orders over 70 USD.