Please note: the minimum quantity to order is two bottles (this is to optimise shipping).
Strength and Beauty
Collagen is a great food to incorporate into your diet to optimise your strength and beauty! Below are some health benefits.
- Better health for your skin and hair thanks to the collagen hydrolysate that improves skin elasticity, moisture, and roughness making collagen one of the most powerful natural skin-care products available.
- According to research and observation, collagen was found to help those suffering from rheumatoid arthritis noticing a decrease in swelling and pain of tender joints. Similar effects were noticed in those suffering from osteoarthritis!
- Supports gut health by breaking down proteins, calming your gut’s lining, aiding with damaged cellular healing thanks to its amino-acid profile that will ‘seal’ the protective lining of your gastrointestinal tract.
- Boost your metabolism via the glycine found in collagen, which forms muscle tissue by converting glucose into energy that feeds the muscle cells.
- Glycine found in collagen also seems to improve the body’s usage of antioxidants while also being used in the process of constructing healthy cells from DNA and RNA (source: https://www.webmd.com/vitamins/ai/ingredientmono-1072/glycine).
- Arginine from collagen was also found to boost your body’s ability to make protein from other amino acids. Thus helping with retaining muscle tissue, as well as boosting metabolism.
- Glutamine found in collagen provides carbon and nitrogen to our cells (source: https://www.aminoacid-studies.com/amino-acids/glutamine-and-glutamic-acid.html).
- Strengthens nails, hair, and teeth, keeping them strong and even have possible therapeutic effects for hair loss and skin-related diseases (eczema, dermatitis, etc) (Source: PMID: 25989472)
- Cleans and treats your liver thanks to glycine that heals your gut, hence minimising the damage that your liver could take from poor digestion and harmful toxins (such as from alcohol consumption, etc.) (source: PMID: 22913202).
- Protects against cardiovascular disease by preventing arteriosclerosis thanks to proline found in collagen, which aids with the release of accumulated arterial fat in the bloodstream, while arginine will promote nitric-oxide production allowing for better blood flow.
- Note: it can be beneficial for you to have a whole food source of Vitamin C when consuming your collagen in order to ensure your body converts collagen into a useable protein (this is why it works well in smoothies).
- Note: you can also access collagen by drinking bone-broth.
Certified & Grass-fed
Jotunheim Collagen is tested and certified against heavy metals. Heavy Metal is good in your earphone during heavy deadlifts, but should not be in whey protein or collagen (as is the case with many other American brands).
The collagen is sourced and made in the United States of America from grass-fed cattle.
Collagen in a Smoothie
Jotunheim Collagen goes well with Jotunheim Whey, the divine flavour of the whey will make the entire shake taste good. An easy way to get in your collagen is to add it to a smoothie.
Example of a smoothie
- 5 dl of milk
- 2 scoops of whey
- 1 scoop of collagen
- 1 banana
- 2 tablespoons of frozen blueberries
- A splash of cream (depending on whether you are bulking or not)
- 2 raw eggs (optional)
Serving size: 10 grams. Approximately 1 scoop.
Servings per container: 40.
Net weight: 400 grams (14.1 OZ).
Free shipping over 70 USD!